Sunday, March 2, 2008

Prince Harry Update


The British government is releasing images of Prince Harry during his time in Afghanistan, and we're glad they included these!

The ruff royal is finally speaking out about his time away.

"I would love to go back and I've already mentioned it to [my commanding officer] that I want to go back very, very soon," says Harry.

He adds:

"I wouldn't say I'm a hero. There were two injured guys who came back on the plane with us who were essentially comatose throughout the whole way. One had lost two limbs – a left arm and a right arm – and another guy who was saved by his mate's body being in the way but took shrapnel to the neck. Those are the heroes, those were guy who had been blown up by a mine that they had no idea about, serving their country, doing a normal patrol. You do what you have to do, what's necessary to save your own guys. If you need to drop a bomb, worst case scenario, then you will, but that's just the way it is. It's not nice to drop bombs and give that position to people to have to do but as I say, to save lives that's what happens."

About having to cut his deployment short, he says, "'Angry' would be the wrong word to use but I am slightly disappointed. I thought I could see it through to the end and come back with our guys. I suppose deep down inside it's quite nice [to be back], I'm looking forward to having a bath … but no, I would like to have stayed back with the guys."

No comments: